Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dolce Vita at the Mandarin Oriental Singapore

I had the luxury to be treated to dinner at Dolce Vita at the Mandarin Oriental Singapore tonight (run by Michelin star Chef Chef Marco Pedrelli).



A restaurant that overlooks the Singapore Eye and the pool, with good ambience.


Before I proceed, please do not mind my awful photography skills (Yea..i know it makes the food look less appetizing...but nevertheless it was a fantastic dinner altogether).
Our starters- the waitress mumbled some italian name which did not make sense to me. By tasting it, I could make out that one was a vege dish and the other on the plate was some raw fish. I loved the raw fish.
Their May promotion was white asparagus. We had our starters of pan fried scallops with white asapragus flown in from Germany. Simply superb! You can tell that white asparagus are bigger in diameter and crunchier -and of course they're white and not green.
You can hardly get good risotto in KL - which is one of my favourites. This truffles risotto was just the thing I dish I needed to settle my cravings.
My colleague opted for a 3 combination pasta (which is made in house - all their pastas) as recommended by the chef.
Never ever finish an Italian meal without their desserts. I'm a really bad food reviewer. I alwasy forget to take the names of stuff I eat. All I can remember is that I had some strawberry with cream and sorbet.
While my colleague completed her dinner with a tiramisu.

I was totally stuffed after dinner - but already looking forward to my next Mandarin food experience because they boast a fantabulous buffet range (best tandoori it seems!!!)

No comments: