Monday, April 19, 2010

Fifi Taipei

Since last week I have wanted to try out Fifi after it was recommended by a friend I just got to know in Taipei. Finally dragged Kennut along after he'd arrived from KL last night. We got a taxi to Fifi on:

Address: 2F, 15 Renai Rd, Sec 4, Taipei (臺北市仁愛路四段15號2樓)

Telephone: (02) 2721 1970; for reservations in English call (0939) 834 845



The restaurant is situated on the 2nd floor. It wasnt very full when we got there but maybe because it was a Sunday. The reviews stated that it can sometimes be packed.





My first impression - amazing deco. Modern yet comfy, classy and definitely fine dining style.




We started off with the sliced chicken and cucumber topped with something that tasted like peanut sauce. Very interesting but u can't have too much of it or risk not being able to finish you main course before getting overly stuffed.


A very guai lo dish - the Shanghai ribs. Sweet and sour flavours but very juicy and tender boneless ribs. Yums!



Every complete meal has to have vegetables in it. We opted for the long beans. What can I say - totally delicious with strong black pepper flavouring to it. I could not stop ...


When I googled Fifi for it's address, I saw that their Hunan Eggs come strongly recommended. I concur that! Very different than what I've ever tasted and yummy, no doubt.


After dinner, which should cost approximately NTD 500-600 pp (RM50-60 pp), we adjourned to their bar on the 3rd floor. Only upon settling the bill did I realize that there was a minimum surchage of NTD550. Not sure if it was for 2 person or something like that but yet, we had a total of 3 beers.

It's one of those chillout places and good for a quiet Saturday night with a reasonably good selection of alcohol.


I had this funny tasting passion fruit beer 3.6% alcohol called Floris from Belgium. It's a very fruity and girly drink that costs about NTD250 in the bar.
Overall, I loved the Fifi experience and apart from the typical Taiwanese street food and hotpot that I have been having for the past 2 weeks, this has got to be my favourite joint in Taipei so far. Second time? Definitely!

No comments: