Saturday, August 28, 2010

Pho 2000

I've decided to put a post on Pho 2000 instead of Vietnam House as dinner last night turned out to be a bit of a disappointment. Have had much better stuff in HCM these few days and once I get around to it, will be putting up more stuff...

Pho 2000 - a franchise rest, should be one of A's must eat things in HCM....so as soon as we checked into the hotel, we rested for a bit and headed out to take a look around Ben Thanh Market just about 1 km from our hotel. Pho 2000 situated beside this touristy market place was where we decided to have a late lunch. (BTW, Ben Thanh market - I was told you can actually bargain even if they put up displays of 'fixed price' - things there are not cheap)

Looks like a local joint but food is not dirt cheap there - reasonable though - I hope you can roughly gauge the prices from the menu picture I snapped. (USD1 approximately VND19,000). Sauteed Beef and Vermicelli -40,500 VND.
As we already had brunch on the plane, we opted for a not-that-heavy lunch, 2 of us, which consisted of fried prawn spring rolls (yups, can't run away from em in Vietnam), beef Pho and curry chicken with bread. Apart from Jakarta, I've never really seen Avocado juice anywhere else. HCM prob is the other place...

Overall, I thought food was pretty tasty, spring rolls - way better than the ones we get in KL. The curry chicken, however - probably I was not used to the taste, but I found it a wee bit too sweet. The pho - nothing to shout about but it's a good place to go if you want to get a quick inexpensive bite in a decent HCM restaurant.

XoXo - coming up will be pics from Cu Chi Tunnel and some awesome lunch....

No comments: