Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Walk in FRIM

Did my maiden visit to FRIM (Forest Research Institut Malaysia) last Sunday after being a Malaysian for 28 (and oh well, almost 29 years now) last Sunday.
I must say it did come as a pleasant surprise and I really enjoyed walking through the many trails - climbing up the stairs, balancing my way through those high ropes, almost slipping at times. I'm normally more into the gym, dance stuff. Got lost on the way out and spent 1/2 and hour walking under the drizzle to locate the car park.

At the end of 3 hours (including getting lost), I must say that it's really enjoyable minus the 3 mozzie bites I got on my arm. Seriously, being this close to nature and observing all these wriggly crawlys on the ground might not be the best way to spend a Sunday morning, but when you're with the right group of company, it really makes all the difference! And the best part, it took me less than 1/2 hr to get there from home.

Still nursing an cough, I've decided to remain alcohol free before I infect another with this dreaded itchy cough.

XoXo..ending my post with a recent pic that really cracks me up now - of my son 'Bert' in an oversized robe.

Till my next post from Ho Chi Min. Off for 1 1/2 weeks soon for work! Can't wait to do some great food reviews then!

BTW here's a really good link:

http://stuffnoonetoldme.blogspot.com

No comments: