Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lara Djonggrang

I enjoyed a lunch out with my high scool mates and their other halves yesterday afternoon. Sass who married Fel, now lives in Jakarta and Jason (+Mary) who were recently posted to Jakarta. Was a great catching up session, seeing how everyone was getting on with their lives, gossiping about people you never liked or what other people are up to now.

Sass brought us to Lara Djonggrang, which serves authentic Indonesian cuisine.


The restaurant and its very unusual deco.





We left the ordering to the experts (Sass and her hubby) who fed us with....
Some deep fried fish cakes

something called Gurame fish if I remember clearly. Something I enjoyed very much!

..and of course the sambal kankung, the usual stuff you have in Indonesia, I reckon

..beef ribs
..and what's considered a complete Indonesian meal without sate. Mutton sate...

meal came up to abt Rp175,000 per pax. We had some other stuff like chicken and fried calamari, which I did not take any pics of.

Overall, a satisfying experience for a lazy Saturday afternoon catching up with some of you oldest friends.

Service: 6.5/10

Food: 7.5/10

Price: 7/10

Ambience: 6.5/10 (I thought some parts of the restaurant was pretty spooky with its rather 'unique' deco)

No comments: