Friday, January 9, 2009

The Macau and Venetian Experience

I only have 1 1/2 hours more on the hotel internet login before it expires - and next week I would have very limited access to my emails. So I'm gonna try to keep this short and sweet with minimal words!.......

This is my 3rd day here. What's there to do apart from shop, eat, gamble and sleep...well almost nothing. So that's what I've been doing for the past 3 days and won a little bit of money la! But I must say I was left feeling a little bit disappointed with the Hotel stay. Although the Venetian is a 5 star luxury hotel, I felt as if I've walked into some 3 star China hotel. Almost all the gamblers here speak Mandarin (with the China slang), you can hear the occasional clearing of throats and spitting into the bins (well, thank god they're more refined then to spit on the carpets) and you get weird people here asking you to take another card at the Blackjack table although your cards already add up to 19!! But some of the high rollers really amaze you playing up to HKD10,000 per round!

Below are pictures of the hotel...


Mime at The Venetian.....
Fisherman's Wharf, a place to eat and shop (well not exactly fantastic shopping as compared to shopping at the Venetian or Four Seasons.....)


Not feeling very adventurous, my parents and I only managed to try the famous crab porridge and crab noodles recommended by Jimmy at 'Goon Ya' street, about 5 minutes drive from the Venetian (of the whole list of restaurants he recommended in the email). Both the porridge and noodles are cooked with rich crab roe....DELICIOUS but really not good for you cholesterol!! Dinner for 3 which included the 2 dishes, a plate of sotong balls and vege with 'abalone' came up to about HKD 400++. Not too bad considering the amount of crab roe in the dishes!



Anyway, tomorrow night would be the last night here. I guess the highlight of this trip would be Wang Lee Hom's World Tour concert. Can't wait. More pictures would be up then!
XOXO...that's all for my boring post!

No comments: