Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Post Secret Proposal

N/B: The pictures from this blogpost have been taken from postsecret.blogspot.com

I've almost forgotten how long I've not been into the Postsecret website as I've been so swarmed with work and travelling, until Calene showed me this secret in this week's postings- it reminded her of one of our friends! He he, well I admit I do get really irritated when people do not reply or tend to reply DAYS later..yeah but there are some people out there who send you another text hours later when you forget to reply them and that also gets on my nerves.

Then I saw this posting through the website. I've seen romantic wedding proposals on TV, heard them through friends' experiences and I've always wondered if it's possible to get proposed by on airplanes, like in the movies - you know like get the pilot to announce and the whole plane stands and cheers as you agree to accept his proposal, cheesy as it may sound. But this has got to top my list as one of the few most most tear-jerking ones.....


And here, the outcome of this postcard...


"-----Email Message-----


Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2009 1:04 PM


Subject: she said yes!


Frank,Sorry for not letting you know a little sooner. We have both been calling our family and friends since it happened. It all went down around 10:30 this morning. After getting out of bed, I grabbed the ring from where I had been hiding it for nearly two months. Being my birthday, I just finished opening my presents from my girlfriend. I then got the laptop out to check the weather, and we started to look at the secrets. I was actually very nervous/excited as we scrolled down the page. As we got to it, my girlfriend asked what the card above ours was a picture of. I was somewhat concerned she had already seen ours, but she hadn't. I then scrolled down to our card. She was looking at the card for a while, and then looked at me. At the time, she was wondering if that was really our cat or not. I then reached into my pocket, took out the ring box, and got down on one knee. Before I even asked, she kissed me. She was crying, and my eyes also started to tear up. I then took her hand and asked her to marry me. Her answer was yes!!! I then had to go into a discussion of how it all came to be. She was definitely surprised by the date of the proposal as well as my method of proposing. Frank, I would like to thank you again for your agreeing to do this. It couldn't have been better. The date is set for March 13, 2010 . "



Here's wishing the couple a lifetime of happiness ......

I've mentioned this post to Kevin and the poor fella said that this guy has just raised the benchmark for all men alike! Ke ke ke..recently my childhood friend, PH got married. Still yet to find out how he proposed (If you're reading this, remember you owe me your story leh!). I think I'll do a post soon and compile all the stories I've heard to give my good old buddy, Kev some inspirations as he's well....a little boring!! Or he could maybe get his gf pregnant and well, save on the proposal ring........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dont give me ideas! otherwise how do you expect me to be original??