Sunday, October 5, 2008

Kota Kinabalu..I'm finally here!

Finally reached KK at 10 am this morning. Another lack of sleep weekend considering I had to get up at 5.15am to catch the 7.30 am flight. Since my Krabi trip, I still seriously feel like a walking zombie.

Here on a one week audit stint. After checking in the Jesselton hotel, both me and Sharan wasted no time exploring the Gaya Street Sunday Market just a step away from our hotel. It looks anything like our pasar malam 'cept it opens during the days and many many many animals are sold from ducks to hamsters. At least, the pets for sale were the only thing that captured my attention...

Sooooo cute dogs...sold for RM700 each...

Sucker fish for sale....

Ooh..my favourite...tortoises


Cluck..cluck...cluck....


Let's make roast duck once they have been well fed .....for those of you now on ur mind could be thinking 'city girl never see duck or chicken before ah' shudddup.....

Don't ask me what this ghastly looking thing is.. apparently, it's used to make medicine to cure a lot of ailments.....Guys, if you can't make it down there or chics if u have some womanly probs...also can woi!!!

When I saw these butterflies (pins and magnets), I wasn't too impressed. But being the shopaholic me and after persuasion from Sharan, I decided to get 6 for RM10. Well, she got 10 for RM15. Go back and hang on my white curtains lor!

Shopping at the Filipino market for pearls after lunch .....

We ended the day with sunset sighting and dinner at Tanjung Ara. Such a pity, it just finished raining when we got there and it was so cloudy you can barely see the sun, what more a gorgeous sunset......



Who would I next watch the next sunset with????? Could it be you???

That's all folks. XOXO

1 comment:

Unknown said...

puppies and all looked cute but suddenly there was a disgusting lizardy thing. euuu...dont know if i can eat duck anymore...eeeuu....geli